Tuesday, August 31, 2010

my grand pa by elaine

I was 8 years old and had already experience dreams that I would later know were visions or messages. I had a dream that my gramma was at a funeral, all dressed in black and very sad. Everyone was close to her, consoling her. I was told the next day that we were going to sudbury when my dad got home from work. My grampa had died, my mom was so distraught that she did not tell me. She did not talk at all except for telling us to behave. We drove to Sudbury and arrived at Grammas very late and I was rushed to bed as soon as I got there. I woke up very early in the morning, when it was still dark out and went to the washroom. On my way back to bed I saw my grampa sitting at the kitchen table with his hand on my grammas hankie that was lying on the table. Normaly I would have rushed over and hugged him, but he put his finger to his mouth with a shushing gesture. I heard him say - go back to sleep, mums gonna need you in the morning. It was dark and I was tired so I did not find it that strange that his mouth did not seem to move. I woke up to the smell of bacon, and went into the kitchen. Gramma was cooking breakfast, Mom was at the table and looked up at me. Before she could say anything I said "Grampa said Mums gonna need me in the morning." My Gramma did not turn around, she just smiled. Mom gave me a long hug. I did not have to be told that Grampa had died. I knew. They knew Grampa was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment