Monday, August 30, 2010

pepper and queeney by elaine

I was about 11 and had been playing with our two dogs Pepper and Queeney. Queeney was an outside dog with a doghouse. She was a large dog accross I think from a Border Collie and a Retriever. Golden with red highlights. But could not stand to stay in the house.
That night like every other night I went to bed, but the dream I had was horrable. I heard a long piercing cry and upon looking out my bedroom window to the backyard I saw Queeney standing outside her doghouse and a ring of fire surrounding her and the doghouse. She was houling and then lay down and looked at me as if in peace.
I woke up and ran down the stairs to the kitchen. My mom and sister were sitting at the table. My sister was crying. I blurted out. Queeney died in my dream.
Later that day My dad Burried Queeney in the back yard.

Two days later I was in the yard with my mom pulling weeds and a cat wandered into the yard. I was calmly walking accross the yard when it all of a sudden arched its back where Queeney used to lye - hissed and ran away.
The next day I felt Queeney was there so I sat on the grass, my hand resting on the grass and said "Queeney, come here Queeney, I felt soft fur rest on my hand and brush against my arm. It was Queeney.

No comments:

Post a Comment